Did you know…
- Tooth enamel is the hardest substance in a human’s body.
- Toothbrush bristles were originally made from cow hair.
- A shark goes through about 40 SETS of teeth during its lifetime.
- A person’s teeth set is unique—much like their fingerprints. Even identical twins do not have exactly the same set of teeth. Did you know that your tongue print is also unique?
- The average woman smiles about 62 times a day! A man? Only 8!
- Kids laugh around 400 times a day. Adults… just 15.
- According to the Academy of General Dentistry, the average person only brushes for 45 to 70 seconds a day. The recommended amount of time is 2-3 minutes.
- People who are right-handed typically chew their food on the right side of their mouth. Left handers? The left side.
- 50% of people consider the smile the first facial feature they notice.
- 80% of people are not happy with their smile.
- 78% of Americans have had at least one cavity by age 17.
- 32% of Americans cite bad breath as the least attractive trait of a co-worker.
- According to the recent American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry survey, 92% of Americans believe that an attractive smile is an important social asset.
Well, there you have it! We hope you enjoyed those facts! It never hurts to know a little more about your smile. Contact us if you have any other dental-related questions or to set up an appointment!
Oh, and please “Like” us on Facebook too!